Welcome to


Latest News and Fixtures

Saturday 27th October Helston Firsts vs Holsworthy
- Away
Saturday 27th October Helston Res vs Halsetown
- Home
Saturday 27th October Helston Thirds vs Storm Res
- Away


Helston Athletic Football Club played its first recorded game in 1896. It has been at its current location at Kellaway Park
since the mid seventies. Dr Kellaway bequeathed the land to the National Trust upon his death with instructions for the Club to have use of it. During the 1980’s the Club found itself in a position to purchase the land and the Members of the Club now own the main pitch and Clubhouse in its present state.

From 1953 – 1973 the club were ever present in the South-western league before their withdrawal and entry to the Combination league. From 1974 – 2010/11 the Clubs first team played in the Combination league whilst the second team were ever present in the Falmouth/Helston league from its inception. The first team have been three times winners of the Combination league which provided opportunity for promotion to the recently formed Peninsula League which the Club enter for the first time in its history this season.

After a highly successful first season in the Peninsula League the first team finished as runners up and the second team won the Trelawny League Two title as well as reaching the area final of the Junior Cup and the final of the Percy Stephens Cup. Unfortunately losing both in extra time to Illogan.

This year sees the return of a third team under the management of Andy Ashton. The emphasis of the third team is to promote a youthful side, hopefully utilising a lot of the lads coming up through Helston’s successful youth ranks.

Following recent development in the area the Club has been able to enter into a lease for additional land for football use upon which pitches of various sizes for teams ranging from under 9’s to adults to play on. It has been a fantastic addition to the Club and
allowed all 12 representative teams to play adjacent to the clubhouse for the first time.

The Clubhouse is now in its second incarnation since the land was acquired in the late 70’s and has been the subject of further expansion with three new changing rooms, storage and referees room added. As the Club continues to expand additional development will need to be undertaken.

Our Sponsors